At MetroDental, we are committed to providing our patients with exceptional service.
As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our patients, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our patient’s privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of RA 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 which sets out the ground rules for how organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
- Collecting Personal Information
1.1 Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the patients voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
1.2 We will only collect patients information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify identity
- To open and manage patient account
- To deliver requested services
- To provide dental services
- To ensure a high standard of service to our clients, customers and members
- To meet regulatory requirements
1.3 When you visit our Website, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provide access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
Information from your interaction with our Website, including, but not limited to Device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page reviews, traffic to and from www.metrodental.com.ph, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and Information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
1.4 We collect and store any information you enter onto our Website, or use our Contact Form, or use our Appointment Request Form. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide to us when you use our Contact Form
- Information you provide to us when you use our Appointment Request Form
- Additional information that you may provide to use through social media sites or third party Services
- Information about your location and the location device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
1.5 We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Demographic data
- Navigation data
- Additional contact data
- Additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
2.1 We will obtain patients consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized to do so upon other basis such as based on your agreement with our terms and conditions upon availing our services, if it falls under MetroDental’s legitimate interests and other exemptions provided for by law.
2.2. Consent shall be given in a physical material or electronic format.
2.3. Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the personal information is absolutely necessary for MetroDental to provide the service, or the withdrawal/withholding of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), patients can withhold or withdraw their consent for MetroDental to use their personal information in certain ways. A patient’s decision to withhold or withdraw their consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist the patients in making the decision.
2.4 We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the patient’s knowledge or consent in the following circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- In pursuit of MetroDental’s legitimate interests such as:
- Pursuing a legal claim or defense
- Collecting a debt
- Protection from fraud
- Investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
- Using and Disclosing Personal Information
3.1 We will only use or disclose patients personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of the collection or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes such as:
- To conduct client, customer, member surveys in order to enhance the provision of our services;
- To contact our patient directly about services that may be of interest;
3.2 We will not use or disclose patients personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
3.3 We will not sell patient list or personal information to other parties, unless we have the consent to do so);
3.4 By visiting our Website, or by using our Contact Form, or by using our Appointment Request Form, you agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize, measure, and improve our content and ads;
- To contact you, by e-mail, push notification, text message (SMS) or by telephone, to inquire about our Services for the purpose of targeted marketing activities, retargeting campaigns, updates, and promotional offers, or for any other purposes as set forth in this Policy.
- Retaining Personal Information
4.1 If we use patients personal information to make a decision that directly affects the patients, we will retain that personal information for at least one year so that the patients has reasonable opportunity to request access to it.
4.2 Subject to Section above, we will retain patients’ personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
- Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information
5.1. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that patients’ personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about the patients or disclosed to another organization.
5.2 Patients may request correction to their personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought.
5.3 If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personal information in the previous year. If the correction is not made, we will note the patients’ correction request in the file.
- Securing Personal Information
6.1 We are committed to ensuring the security of a patients’ personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
6.2 The following security measures will be followed to ensure that a patients’ personal information is appropriately protected by using user’s ID, passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate.
6.3 We will use appropriate security measures when destroying a patients’ personal information suc as shredding of documents, deleting electronically stored information.
6.4 We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
- Providing Patients Access to Personal Information
7.1 Patients have a right to access their personal information, subject to limited exceptions.
7.2 A request to access personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought. Please go to our Request for Implementation of Right’s Tab to know the guidelines on how to request access to information.
7.3 e will make the requested information available within thirty (30) business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
7.4 If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify the patients in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to the patients.
- Questions and Complaints: The Role of the Data Protection Officer or designated individual
8.1 The Data Protection Officer or designated individual is responsible for ensuring compliance with RA 10173 or Data Privacy Act of 2012, and with this Policy.
8.2 Patients should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding data privacy to our Data Protection Officer.
Contact Information for Data Protection Officer:
2nd Floor ALGO Center,
162 L.P.Leviste St.,
Makati City, Makati, NCR, Philippines
- Data Privacy Rights
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to us from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. The following is a summary of your rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to access your personal data with us
- Right to request restriction of access
- Right to limit and prevent disclosure
- Right to amend or update personal data
- Right to authorize other uses
- Right to receive notice of privacy breaches
- Right to request destruction of personal data
Please go to our Request for Implementation of Rights Tab to read our guidelines on how to exercise your data privacy rights in MetroDental.
- Changes To This Privacy
Our services are dynamic and the form and nature of the services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice