MetroDental Safety Protocols
Our clinic aims to provide the best dental care for our patients together with excellent customer service to cater to your needs. In line with the events of the COVID-19 pandemic, our clinic has taken extra measures to ensure the safety of our patients and our team. Please be informed of the following procedures & guidelines that our clinic has implemented in our practice.
BOOKING AND APPOINTMENT POLICY
- We encourage all patients to book an appointment on our website.
- We accept walk-ins and can attend to you right away if there is an available doctor. Otherwise, our Front Desk Personnel shall advise you of the earliest available slot.
- We highly encourage all our patients to come on time for their appointment. Patients who are late for more than twenty (20) minutes may be rescheduled to another time slot and/or day.
- Waiting areas shall be temporarily closed to minimize interaction and contact between patients.
- Bringing companions to our clinics is strongly discouraged, except in cases where the patient is a minor/child or senior citizen that may need assistance.
- We request that you do not bring more than one (1) bag to the clinic.
ENHANCED DISINFECTION AND STERILIZATION PROCEDURE
The well-being of our patients and our team is our no. 1 priority. In line with the government and the Philippine Dental Associations’ directives towards implementing safe distancing and stringent sanitation measures, MetroDental is seeking your cooperation towards strict adherence to the updated clinic protocol.
- While we have had disinfection and sterilization procedures in place, our team has enhanced our protocols. To ensure the safety of all our patients and team, our treatment rooms shall be fully disinfected and scrubbed out before and after every patient. This process takes a minimum of twenty (20) minutes to complete, therefore, it is encouraged that you come at your allotted time.
- Upon arrival in the clinic, our Front Desk Personnel shall take your temperature. Please note that if your body temperature is Thirty-Seven and one-half Degrees Celsius (37.5 °C) and above, your appointment will be rescheduled after fourteen (14) days and we highly recommend that you visit a medical doctor for a check-up.
- You are required to sanitize your hands.
- When ready, our staff shall call you in for your dental treatment. You will be given a pair of shoe covers and a head cap before leading you to your assigned treatment room. Should your procedure require Aerosol Generating Equipment, you will be asked to put on a disposable medical gown.
- Your personal belongings shall be placed in a designated area.
- Before starting your dental procedure, the attending dentist shall conduct an Antigen Test via Nasal Swab. Should you test positive, we shall defer your appointment to after fourteen (14) days and advise you to seek online medical advice and isolate. If negative, we can proceed with your scheduled procedure. You may request your results from our Front Desk Personnel.
- Policy for Vaccinated Patients: While COVID-19 vaccines are effective against severe symptoms and hospitalization due to COVID-19, a vaccinated person can be infected by the virus but exhibit mild or no symptoms. For the safety of our team and other patients who have not yet received the vaccine, our clinic shall continue to test all patients before dental procedures.
- Our clinic accepts any recent COVID-19 test result as long as it has been taken within three (3) days or seventy-two (72) hours of your dental appointment.
- After the test, you will be asked to rinse and gargle an antiseptic solution for around thirty (30) seconds.
- Our dentist shall then examine your teeth and discuss with you his/her findings, treatment plan, and corresponding fees.
- Please note that for each patient, an Asepsis Fee with Antigen Testing of Five Hundred Pesos (P500.00) for Non-Aerosol Generating Procedures or Six Hundred Pesos (P600.00) for Aerosol Generating Procedures will be charged per appointment. Should the patient have a companion, the companion shall also be prescribed to wear the provided personal protective equipment if he/she wishes to enter and stay in the treatment room during the procedure. Companion Asepsis fees are at Fifty Pesos (P50.00), Antigen Testing is not required.
- For patients with valid COVID-19 Test results, the asepsis fees of Fifty Pesos (P50.00) shall apply.
- Once you decide to proceed, our team shall prepare you for the procedure. We may place a pair of eye goggles to protect your eyes during the procedure. A high-volume suction system may be used to control and minimize the spread of aerosols during the procedure.
- After the procedure, our team shall ask you again to rinse and gargle an antiseptic solution for around Thirty (30) seconds.
- You will be asked to remove your disposable gown and head cap and sanitize your hands before leaving the room.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these times and we look forward to serving you in the best way we can.