MetroDental is committed in providing its patients with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about the patients, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our patient’s privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of R.A. No. 10173 or otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (the “DPA”) which sets out the ground rules for how organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
- Collecting Personal Information
1.1 Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are of common knowledge and the patient voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
1.2 We will only collect patient’s information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify identity
- To open and manage patient account
- To deliver requested services
- To provide dental services
- To ensure a high standard of service to our clients, customers and members
- To meet regulatory requirements
1.3 When you visit our Website, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provide access. This information includes, but is not limited to: Information from your interaction with our Website, including, but not limited to Device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page reviews, traffic to and from www.metrodental.com.ph, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and Information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
1.4 We collect and store any information you provide onto our Website, or use our Contact Form, or use our Appointment Request Form. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide to us when you use our Contact Form
- Information you provide to us when you use our Appointment Request Form
- Additional information that you may provide to use through social media sites or third party Services
- Information about your location and the location device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
1.5 We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Demographic data
- Navigation data
- Additional contact data
- Additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
2.1 Except when authorized by law or agreement, we will obtain the patient’s consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. Consent shall be given in a writing, whether in physical or electronic format.
2.2. Except when prohibited by law or whenever absolutely necessary for MetroDental to provide the service or the withdrawal/withholding of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation, a patient can withhold or withdraw consent for MetroDental to use their personal information. A patient’s decision to withhold or withdraw their consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist the patient in making the decision.
2.3. We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the patient’s knowledge or consent in the following circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- In pursuit of MetroDental’s legitimate interests such as:
- Pursuing a legal claim or defense
- Collecting a debt
- Protection from fraud
- Investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
- Using and Disclosing Personal Information
3.1 We will only use or disclose a patient’s personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of the collection or for a purpose reasonably related thereto including but not limited to:
- To conduct client, customer, member surveys in order to enhance the provision of our services;
- To contact our patient directly about services that may be of interest;
3.2 We will not use or disclose patient’s personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
3.3 We will not sell personal information to other parties, unless we have the consent to do so;
3.4 By visiting our Website, or by using our Contact Form, or by using our Appointment Request Form, you agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize, measure, and improve our content and ads;
- To contact you, by e-mail, push notification, text message (SMS) or by telephone, to inquire about our Services for the purpose of targeted marketing activities, retargeting campaigns, updates, and promotional offers, or for any other purposes as set forth in this Policy.
3.5 As a general rule, we are not allowed to disclose your personal information to third party except as provided herein. By giving your consent, you authorize MetroDental to disclose your personal information to accredited or affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by and under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by the court of law).
This means we might provide your personal information to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations or agencies including their subcontractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
- Retaining Personal Information
4.1 If we use patient’s personal information to make a decision that directly affects the patient, we will retain that personal information for at least one (1) year so that the patient has reasonable opportunity to request access to it.
4.2 Subject to the section above, we will retain patient’s personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
- Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information
5.1. You are responsible for ensuring that all data, whether personal information, sensitive personal information or privileged information, you submit to MetroDental are accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the patient’s personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about the patient or disclosed to another organization.
5.2 Patients may request correction to their personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information and the correction being sought.
5.3 If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we previously disclosed the personal information. If the correction is not made, we will note the patient’s correction request in the file.
- Securing Personal Information
6.1 We are committed in ensuring the security of a patient’s personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
6.2 The following security measures will be followed to ensure that a patient’s personal information is appropriately protected by using user’s ID, passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate.
6.3 We will use appropriate security measures when destroying a patient’s personal information including but not limited to shredding of documents and deleting electronically stored information.
6.4 We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
- Providing Patients Access to Personal Information
7.1 Patients have a right to access their personal information, subject to limited exceptions.
7.2 A request to access personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought. Please go to our Request for Implementation of Right’s Tab to know the guidelines on how to request access to information.
7.3 We will make the requested information available within thirty (30) business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
7.4 If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify the patient in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to the patient.
- Questions and Complaints: The Role of the Data Protection Officer or designated individual
8.1 The Data Protection Officer or designated individual is responsible for ensuring compliance with the DPA, and with this Policy.
8.2 Patients should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding data privacy to our Data Protection Officer.
Contact Information for Data Protection Officer:
2nd Floor ALGO Center,
162 L.P.Leviste St.,
Makati City, Makati, NCR, Philippines
- Data Privacy Rights
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to us from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. The following is a summary of your rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to request restriction of access
- Right to limit and prevent disclosure
- Right to amend or update personal data
- Right to authorize other uses
- Right to receive notice of privacy breaches
- Right to request destruction of personal data
Please go to our Request for Implementation of Rights Tab to read our guidelines on how to exercise your data privacy rights in MetroDental.
- Changes To This Privacy
Our services are dynamic and the form and nature of the services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.